Friday, October 15, 2010

It's Friday!!

Being self employed with 4 kids provides for a lot of multi tasking, which I am not sure I am that good at.  I don't know how people do that well. My priorities are based on a first come first served management system. If I run out of time and I don't do the task when I first get it ...nope, not happening. Not written on the calendar (I use 3 different ones, by the way), not happening for sure. I won't remember, shoot I can't even remember to go the bathroom before bed, then I get woke up by my bladder (thank God, that still works). I used to remember everything without writing it down; phone numbers, names, appts., everything. That was in my 20's and I only had two kids, not self employed, now I am in my 40's with 2 more children and I may or may not remember to pick them up from school today.  I probably will remember that, but it will be a miracle if I don't mix up their names when I see them, I usually do.  I have 3 boys, 1 girl and I usually call the boys by their brother's name, but the girl I usually call her Vicki (my sister's name).  Thank God, Oh thank God I don't call my husband by someone else's name ....yet.  And forget people that I have met a few times and have to remember their names.  If it's important that I don't stare at them with just a sheepish "hi" and I know in advance, I will write a post it note and put it in my pocket or write on my hand like kids do when their cheating in school.  It's terrible and I would just like to know what it's like for these Cougar chicks? How do they do it? I mean I would go get a "Cub" if I thought it could improve my memory, but the young guys (my sons) at my house are a huge part of the reason I can't remember, I am sure they have sucked the faculties right out of me with each and every birth.  Hey don't get me wrong, going for a young "hottie" not an old "not-ie" who can't envy that.  I just don't have a lot left to work with and I don't want to risk having to pulled around the "memory garden" at the old folks home before I turn 45...scary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment